Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Mom & Dad with me the night before my operation

In this I express my love and my parents and they theirs for me… and I get some good shoulders scratching in. Anyone that visited knew that scratching my head, my shoulders, my nose, and my cheek were my joys of the day.




Mom: OK
Dad: Tell me what you see
Me: I love you…did you know that…DID YOU KNOW THAT I LOVE YOU??!!!
Me: Mom…
Mom: yeah
Me: did you know that I love you??
Mom: yes…I know you love me…I know that you love me….and I love you, and will always be here with you.
Is it..are you upset because you’re in the hospital and you’re scared?
Me: No..no..no..
Mom: You’re just filled with a lot of love, right??
Me: Yes…mom…I’ve just..got so much..emotion
Dad: You’ve got a lot of emotion
Mom: what kind of emotion? Tell me,..what do you feel?
Me: a lot of love.
Mom: Oh..we love you too. You know we’ve been here every single day?
Me: No..I didn’t.
Mom: Every single night.
Me: I didn’t mom
Mom: somebody’s been with you…or we’ve been waiting in the waiting room.
Me: I didn’t know that...MOM..MOM…I DIDN’T KNOW THAT!
Mom: that’s ok…we do it because we love you. We want you to get better..and you have gotten better. Do you know how much better you’ve gotten?
Me: yes…
Mom: you want to live, don’t you?
Me: yes, I do, mom
Me: I will get (inaudible) every day
Mom: and David’s been here..and Jean
Me: and Jean
Mom: you know jean loves you?
Me: yeah
Mom: she was just here this morning..wasn’t she? Do you remember her?
(Dad open the window)
Mom: do you have anything else to say, Lar?
Dad: Can you see out the window, son?
Me: yeah
Dad: can you tell me what you see?
(I mumbled something)
Can you see the building there? They’re building something new.
Mom: what did you say about other kids…that it’s not fair they have parents?
Me: It’s not fair that they get stuck with parents that…THEY GET..OH GOD…I SAW MY PARENTS TONIGHT.
Mom: Why would they do that?
Oh…you’ve got parents that you want to see.
Me: mm hmm. I’ve got parents I really love. Me and my parents went out to dinner tonight. And we had the greatest time…and..huf huf….MOM! Most kids get to say ‘me and my parents went out to dinner tonight and it sucked.”
Mom: And you’re happy.
Me: Yes, I’m extremely happy
Mom: We love you.
Dad: We’ll have good times
Mom: We’ll have wonderful times.
Me: Mom..will you scratch my shoulder please?
Mom Yes…this shoulder?
Me: yes…right there…Oh god!
Mom: I got it?
Me: Yes..Oh god mom!
Mom: good?
me: yes
(She continues scratching and I continue exclaiming my pleasure)
Me: mom…that felt so good.
Mom: I’ll do it for you any time, honey.
What other things do you like to do with us? What other things are fun? Living with us is great, huh?
Me: living with you guys is extremely fun.
Mom: yeah
Me: so..you guys are so much fun. You guys are the FUNNEST PEOPLE..IN..THE..WORLD!
(I start crying)
Mom: it’s nothing to cry about
Me: You guys are the nicest people… in the whole…world.
Mom: That makes us feel real good…doesn’t it Dad?
Me: I hope so. I hope so You guys..deserve…to feel..happy
Mom: we do
Me: you guys deserve it.
Mom: You know why we’re so happy?
Me: Why?
Mom: Do you know the main reason why we’re so happy?
Me: why guys?
Mom: It’s because you’re alive.
Me: Really?
Mom: (starts crying): yes…I’m so happy cause you’re alive.
Me: (crying) no
Mom:yes
Me: no
Me: mom..whats the reason you guys are happy with each other?
Mom: you mean why has my marriage lasted so long?
Me: yes.
Mom: Dad never listens to me (laughs)
Me: no
Mom: that’s one of the reasons..I yell and he doesn’t pay attention to me.
Me: mom, what’s the reason you guys are so happy together?
Mom: Don’t you think that’s one of the reasons?
Dad: We have fun together
Mom: we have fun..we’re good friends.
Me: mom
Mom: he’s my best friend..besides you.
Me: Mom..is that it?? Is that it?? You guys..are just..best friends?
Mom: yes..dont you think that’s a good reason?
Me: I think that‘s..an..incredIbly…GOOD REASON..FOR YOU GUYS..TO STAY..TOGETHER!
Mom: and we have a family, and we have kids, and we did a good job of raising kids.
Me: you did. Will you help me out, please?
Mom: what should we do?
Me: please help me out…my…SHOULDER….HURTS..RIGHT..NOW!
Mom: This one?
Me: yes
Mom: same place
Dad: he’s been in pain…you’ve been in pain today, son. They don’t want to give anything for pain because tomorrow they can’t do it.
Me: OK dad
Dad: OK son?
Mom: OK…tomorrow…you’re gonna have a little operation.
Me: Thank you, Mom, thank you.
Mom: Feel good, honey?
Me: yes….OH GOD…THAT FEELS SO GREAT! Mom..rub the back of my neck.
Mom: The back of your neck?
Me: yes
Mom: right here?
Me: the very back…where you can never scratch
Mom: I’m not allowed to touch there, it’s where your neck is broken…don’t touch behind the bump
This is the 7th vertebra here, the ones above there are broken. This is the 7th, so it’s 4, 5, and 6 are right in there.
Me: Mom…
Mom: You can touch down there. Feel the bump? That’s the 7th vertebra.
O.K.?
Dad: (inaudible..Dad says something about Dr. Moffett coming in)

1 comment:

  1. This is so beautiful Lar. I have been reading these while listening to them but this is the first one I read only. I now know your parents voices now so I could hear the conversation in my head as I read. You are truly a gift from the Universe. You've opened my soul to be able to receive love in greater abundance. Thank you! With All My Love,
    Deblyn

    ReplyDelete