Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Introduction to "23 Years!"

If you're here, you probably know why you're here because I sent you a link… so this doesn't need much introduction. However, what follows are a collection of recordings made and journals written during my hospital stay from the August 31, 1988 automobile accident. You can listen to the whole thing, you can pick and choose, or you could just ignore. I found this stuff fascinating, and I'm sure some of you will as well. Some of it has very colorful language, so be aware if you have prudish ears or young ones are nearby. However… they are “just words”. Everyone's heard them, many have said them… but in this context you must know that I had an open head injury and a pharmacy worth of drugs piped into my system. If you take the time, I'm sure that you will find quite a few entertaining moments… not to mention a bit of encouragement if you or someone you know gets faced with similar life challenges. The mind and will is very powerful and can help you overcome ANYTHING....or at least deal with it! I hope you enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. 23 years and going strong. I'm proud of you, Larry. Happy Anniversary? Happy Second Birthday? Happy GLAD-TO-BE Day? Anyway, I hope it's the best of those you've had and the worst of those yet to come.

    ReplyDelete