Tuesday, August 30, 2011

A cry for "Help!"

This was an odd interaction with me calling out for “help”. Funny, but I thought I was tied down… little did I know, or even remember, that I was paralyzed.



Mom: Why are you yelling “help”?
Me: Because
Mom: Why?
Me: Because I need help.
Help me mom
Mom: Help you what?
Me: Help me.
Mom: help you do what?
Me: get out of this hospital.
(loudly) HELP ME! HELP ME!
Mom: Larry….
Me: help me mom
Mom: why are you yelling “help”?
Me: mom, help me
Mom: I can’t
Me: Because… want to be…HELPED!
Mom: You need to get well…you’ll get help.
Me: yes I will
Mom: And you’ll get better soon
Me: I will mom.
Mom: I know
Me: I will mom.
Mom!
Mom: here’s some more food
Me: …Mom..will you let me out of here?? …Mom..will you let me out of here?? Please?? Stop recording and let me out of here!
Mom: How do you know I’m recording you?
Me: because I hear it, mom.
Mom: you can hear the recorder?
Me: yes mom..Stop beating me.
Mom: I’m not beating you honey.
Me: You’re tying me down, Mom
Mom: larry, I’m not tying you down.
Me: mom, you’re holding me
Mom: I’m not even touching you…look, there’s my hands.
Me: why am I tied down here, mom?
Mom; You’re not tied down!
Me: I am tied down, mom.
Mom; look..look at your hands
Me: Mom…mom…I’m tied down here
Mom: you had an accident, Larry…you broke your neck, remember? You can’t move.

No comments:

Post a Comment