Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Me perseverating

In this short clip you hear me doing what is called “perseverating”, repeating the same sound over and over again… behavior typical of a head injury.



Mom: O.k.
(you can hear me in the background saying “ock, ock, ock, ock…”)
Mom: Alright, we’re going to record today…today is August…I mean August! What’s the date today? October what?
Me: Ock, ock, ock….
Mom: October….what?
Me: Ock ock ock, ock…
Mom; I can’t remember the date. Today’s the 14th of October!
Me: Today….is…the…four..teenth
Mom: of
Me: of, of, of, of….
Mom: October
Me: of, of, of, (straining), of, of October, of…ouch, ouch, ouch
Mom: O.k., you just have ice on your shoulders because she’s going to do your arms…and, what hospital are you in?
Me: I, I, I, I, I, I, I,…
Mom: you what?
Me: I, I, I, I, I, I,…
Mom: I’m at…
Me: I, I, I, I, I, I, I…
Mom: You’re at Mission Hospital
Me: I’m, I’m I’m, I’m, I’m…
Mom: at
Me: I’m, I’m, I’m….
Mom: o.k.
Me: I’m, I’m, I’m…
Mom: at….say “I’m at Mission Hospital”
Me: at, at, At, AT, AT
(Mom shuts off recorder then restarts)
Mom: Say it now…”I’m at Mission Hospital..say it”
Me:”I, I, I I’M….at…Mission…Ha…Hel…hel…hel..hel..”
(tape recorder off)

No comments:

Post a Comment