Tuesday, August 30, 2011

I get angry

Mom helps me get angry.

Me: I don’t want it!
Mom: What don’t you want?
Me: I don’t want it…I don’t want a cold one.
Mom: Let’s talk about where you are. Let’s talk about how you feel. Does anything hurt?
Me: I’m in the hospital.
Mom: You’re in the hospital.
Me: I know
Mom: Why are you in the hospital?
Me: Does anything hurt?
YES! Everything hurts, Mom.
Mom: Especially…
Me: My whole body hurts!
Mom: It’s sad, isn’t it?
Mom: How’s that taste?
Me: Oh god…it’s freezing.
Mom: Is it good?
Me: It’s freezing!
Mom: Do you like it or not?
Me: It’s good…but it’s freezing, Mom! It’s freezing!
Mom; O.k., but do you want some more?
Me: No. I don’t want anymore. I’m going to be peeing it out later.
Mom: That’s o.k. You can pee it out. That’s how it goes.
Me: I’m going to be peeing it on later, Mom.
Mom: You know Larry, it’s o.k. to be angry.
Me: O.k.
Mom: Why don’t we close the door.
Me: Let me know.
Mom: let see if we can eliminate some of this. Let me know what you’re angry about. It’s o.k. to be angry. You can tell me anything that is bothering you.
Me: o.k. It bothers me how you guys are treating me...
Mom: ok how are we treating you?
Me: you're treating me like somebody special or something.
Mom: You are somebody special;
Me: I am not!
Mom: You’re the most special person right now and you know it.
Me: I am not, Mom. I am not a special person compared with other people.
(somebody comes in the room)

No comments:

Post a Comment